
As I've been watching the Inaugural events today, I keep thinking that no matter if we voted for this man or not, no matter if we agree with all he is planning on doing or not, we should be forever greatful that the transfer of power in this country can take place so smoothly. We should also be greatful for those who fought and still fight and sacrifice to make it this way.
I just heard a report that there have been ZERO arrests in connection with any of the inaugural events today. I think that is amazing and wonderful!!
I'm also glad my children don't see anything strange or especially wonderful that a man with a different color skin than they have is our president...I pray they always feel that way!
God Bless America (Please!!)



7 comments:
Natalie I couldn't agree more. I have not been able to see much of the inauguration today, but I too think it is truly amazing that we have shifted our balance of power today with such peace. My day was just like any other day except for the fact that we got a new President. It was fun to listen to the girls talk about watching things at school today. Without really knowing they too could sense the significance of the day. Thanks for posting something about this, and Dave or Emilie if you read this, thank you for doing your part in defending and protecting our freedoms!! We are proud of you!! Adam
I totaly agree with you too. It was so fun to have the girls come home and say that Obama is the first African American president and they didn't even know what that meant. They don't see color and I only hope the rest of the country follows suit and sees everything through the eyes of children.
I too was so envolved in the inauguration today. (No Hallmark channel). It was amazing to watch the transfer of power. So simply that even when the oath was given wrong it really did not have any effect on the day. And I was so thankful that prayer was a very important part of this day. We should all be so appreciative of that. As I sat in the Temple last night I thought of many things in my life that are possible becasue of the freedom of this country. I'm with you Nan God Bless America Please!!!!
What I find amazing is that in my grandparent's generation a bi-racial baby/child was shunned and unaccepted by either race. Now, in my children's generation a bi-racial Man can be sworn in as President of the United States. We have come a long way in a few years.
Thanks for your blog annuoncement Nan.. I also agree and like the Utes, played "God bless America", when they passed the president...I am happy I live in this great country. And have a great family :)
Hey Natalie! I don't know if you remember me. It's Louisa Stone Child from downstairs on Darwin Ave at USU. Delaney found me on Facebook and hooked me up to your blog. I have a blog too but I privitized it. E-mail me at louisa.child@gmail.com and I will send you an ivite. I just wrote this same thing on Stacey's blog. How fun to catch up with you!
Post a Comment