His brothers kept telling him from the minute he woke that today was his special day. For some reason I was very nervous, but everything was perfect. He didn't puke during the blessing (he has had a cold and when he starts coughing, it induces projectile vomiting!!) He didn't even cry once during sacrament meeting for that matter. (unlike his mom who couldn't seem to stop crying!!) It was almost like he knew it was a special day, and was excited for it too!
It meant so much to me to have so many worthy men surround my baby boy with love as he was held in his daddy's arms and given a beautiful blessing. He was told many things in his blessing, but the ones that stood out to me were that he would make good friends, develop a testimony and have a desire to share it, he would make learning a part of his life, and that he would make good choices and be able to descern the spirit when he felt it.
After church , we had a wonderful dinner (sloppy joes, salads, veggies, chips, great desserts, etc!) and enjoyed time as a family afterword. Thanks again to all those who came and helped out by bringing yummy food!! And thanks to those who were there in spirit even though they couldn't be there otherwise.
Really it was about as perfect as a day could be....and was summed up so well by Thomas as he said his bedtime prayers..."Heavenly Father, thank you so much for Roberts special blessing day. It was emotional and exciting....." I checked with him afterword to make sure he really said emotional (a rather big word for a 5 year old to use!) I had to explain to Michael what emotional meant, and he was rather upset that Thomas knew a word that he didn't (LOL)
I'll finish off this post with lots of pics of my little man and the people who love him!!
The men in my life...oh so handsome!!!
My boys and Grandpa Mullen
4 generations
Our family (this is actually our first family picture...thanks Sherry)
Grandma and Grandpa Walker (unfortunately the ones without me in them too didn't turn out)
My sweet boy wrapped up in the softest blanket EVER (thanks mom!!)



6 comments:
You guys are so cute!!!! Robert looks so sweet and adorable!!!! Congratulations!!!
That last picture of Robert is SO AMAZING! He is too cute! It was a good day. Thanks for letting us be a part!
the last pic is one of the 77 Sherry took of him...tons of cute ones...that was my favorite :)
Thank you for posting this so quickly. I love the pictures and memories of that special day.
I'm so glad that you had a wonderfull day, He is so cute!! Congratulaions.
I am so happy to get to see the pictures, and so sorry we couldn't be there. He is so cute! I love the pictures and love that the day was so "emotional" (those boys make me laugh). I am glad that you didn't have to deal with the puke, I know you were worried about that! It sound like it was the perfect day!
Post a Comment