and turn them into something lovely that I could store in jars for another day.
V-8 juice was on the menu today...not to hard, but VERY messy and it seemed to take me all day (kept getting interrupted by a cute baby :) it was also one of the MESSIEST things I have canned this year!! It feels like I have tomato juice EVERYWHERE in my kitchen!!
Well, I finally got around to processing the jars (had a Dr. appt. and after school stuff that interrupted things)
Just as the pots were starting to boil I heard a pop. I wasn't in the room so I thought it was just the lid banging as the water started boiling...so I lifted the lid to see red juice bubbling up in my water
CRAP!!!! A jar broke. That is the first time this has happened to me while canning...WHAT A MESS!!! (had to empty it all out and start cooking it again)
It's just so been one of those days and this just sealed the deal!!
Here's to a better tomorrow **Cheers** (I'll be wiping tomato off of every surface in my kitchen and out of about 35 pots, bowls, and pans...how about you!!)



9 comments:
yep yep yep I feel the same way too. My stove looks EXACTLY like yours :) But if there is one thing that gets clean it is that amazing pot that is in your sink :) Even if it isn't clean for long it is getting washed alot more that anything else around my house :)
HOLY COW!!!!!! You girls are making me think about being a better person and try to learn how to can. Wait a second, I think I'll wait until I can do it with you guys and then it will be fun!!! :) I'm sooooo jealous of your garden tomatoes - that is my favorite thing EVER!!!! Fresh tomatoes YUM!!!
Truth be told, yesterday after it was all said and done I wished I had just gone and bought v-8 juice :) My hubby set me straight though :)
Love it!!! That's why I don't can let alone grow a garden.
WOW! Do you really like V8 juice? Hopefully you love it! lol.
My canning is most likely done for the year! Glad I got a little bit in though!
I did it cuz I thought it sounded easy and used up a lot of tomatoes, and yes...I do like it...but not so much now...it'll be awhile before I have any (I have a few recipies to use it in too) Dave said it tasted good though
It is by far the best V-8 juice I have ever tasted. My wife rocks!
You are so ambitious! Good job using your garden. Maybe I can join the fun next year!
Yeah, I know how those days go. Way to go on the canning though! The only thing I've attempted to can is strawberry freezer jam, and that's cheater canning! Maybe one of these days I'll learn.
Post a Comment