Just look at these handsome boys :)
Thomas...lover of all things orange...is starting first grade and is super excited about it! He said he was most excited to make new friends, and have his own desk. When I asked him what he was most nervous about he said making new friends :)
Michael thinks he is getting too cool to smile for pictures...but he is so handsome it doesn't matter!! He is starting 3rd grade this year...I'm having a hard time accepting that!! He said he was most excited to see all of his old friends, and he wasn't nervous about anything :) (don't know if I believe him...in fact I'm pretty sure I don't....he's a little like me that way and gets nervous about new situations but likes to pretend he isn't)
We loaded up in Aunt Sherry's van/bus and headed off to school...My sweet boys let me take pictures of them at school...I'll take that while it lasts :)
So handsome...I'm excited and nervous for this year (as I am every year) I hope they both have great years!!
When they got home this afternoon they had both had a great day!! (I knew they would)
Thomas said the best part of his day was making a new friend (he can't remember his name) and playing with the big ball.
Michael said the best part was not getting stung by a bee at recess :)
They both said it was SOOOO easy and didn't have to do hardly any work :) I'm sure that will change...but I hope the happy days outnumber the bad ones :)
The first day of school is always a happy/sad day for me...I'm happy because the boys usually have got to the point where all they do is fight and drive each other crazy all day, but I get sad and nervous about them being away from me for so long every day and I worry about what they will encounter each day. (Yes...my eyes were wet for a good part of the morning)
It's scary to send them out into the world...we're going to try to be better this year about saying family prayers each morning so we can send them out with the protection of prayer...they need all they can get!!
Hang in there boys, remember the promises you were made in your blessings, and be strong!! You can do it!! It's going to be a great year!!!



5 comments:
So cute. THey are growing SOOOO fast. And I do remember the young Natalie who was never afraid!!!:)
Thomas cracks me up! haha! I'm so lucky to have him in my primary class. :)
It really is a bitter sweet day. Brier will be starting preschool, and she is SO excited about it that I can't help but be excited with her. But at the same time, I'm so sad she's already at that point in her life. Why can't our babies stay babies for just a little longer? :(
So SUPER cute!!!!!! I am glad in a way that school has started so we can see them every day again :) And the pics in the garden DARLING!!!
Oh they are cute! I love Thomas' new glasses. I bought Tanner that same shirt for school. Actually I think he wore it the first day! lol :)
so cute. i hope they have a great year.
Post a Comment