First...I bought this cute sign at Swiss Days...I have a love hate relationship with it :)
I love it because of the three boys, I love it because of the cute stitching (wish I was talented like that) and I love it because I have a soft spot in my heart for the Strippling Warriors (Before I met Dave, I was sure I was going to marry one in the next life....I also still cry every time I hear the Army of Helaman song (sang it at my Granpa's funeral who died while on his mission)
But I hate it becasue I feel a lot of pressure when I look at it...it is MY job to make sure my boys learn all that they nead to learn about the gospel on this earth...YIKES...big job...and pretty sure I'm not doing a very good job right now...
I don't really know how to describe it...I know where I am, and where I want to be (as a mom, as a wife, as a person, as a daughter of god) but there seems to be a huge gap between where I am and where I want to be physically, spiritually and in many other aspects...and I'm not sure how close that gap...what is the missing puzzle piece?
How come I know what I need to do but I can't make myself do it? Any suggestions or advice...I'll take all I can get!!!




6 comments:
ok first off I am glad that I am not the only blubbering idiot when that song is sung. I was a mess at Corinne's baptism!!!! And I have no advice for the missing link because I am trying to find mine too. But I do think it is a life long battle. Because I think the link always changes. And just as we get comfortable and think we know what the link is and we begin to conquer it here comes a new link. The only solutiont that I have been able to come up with is to read my scriptures at some point of every day. Pray often (more than just morning night and meals) and pay my tithing and hope for the best and have enough faith to get there :) LOVE YA!!!!
Tackle only one thing at a time. Too many obstacles make the journey seem impossible. this week or month or year accomplish onoe goal. Then work on the next. Baby steps turn into marathons. One step at a time and before you know it you have gone 26 miles!!!!!
Love Ya
I do love you...don't know how to fix this one though.
I am also a mess when that song is sung. It really takes all my will power to get through it. I am with mom - just keep plugging away. If you want to swap for some temple babysitting just let me know!
another bumbling idiot with that song. Don't know about the gap. I would say pray hard. he'll tell you as long as you are willing to listen.
I love that picture- i saw it at Swiss days and thought it was so cute! I have a live well stitches plaque hung up in Cohen's room that says "don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"- they are so cute. So I went to Swiss days at like 8 am and it really wasn't that busy but by 11 when I left it was pretty packed and cars where just piling in- so I like going in the morning- and it is less hot that way too! I agree with the missing link thing- it's because I am kind of a control freak and since I had kids lets just say there is no control in my life at the moment- ugh!
Post a Comment