Tuesday, November 17, 2009

9 months old!!

This is always kind of a thoughtful (for lack of a better word) birthday for me since now he's been living outside of me as long as he was living inside of me. As much as they develop inside in those 9 months, they do so much developing outside in 9 months too.



His offical 9 month picture...(no sitting still on the couch this month mom thankyouverymuch!! Just put that elephant by me while I play)



Stats: 25 lbs 7.5 oz 30 3/4 inches yep...that's my big boy!!



Here's his list of new accomplishments...

-pulling up to stand (using the crib, couch, chair, toy box, whatever he can)

-he's starting to inch himself along whatever he's standing up to (I'm SOOO not ready for him to walk!!)

-He has 7 teeth and almost 8

-Eating all kinds of food including table foods. We found out Sunday he LOVES ham!!

-He is a human vacuum cleaner and finds things on the floor and the go immediately in his mouth! Speaking of which ...I'm really glad he makes an "mmmmm" sound when something goes in his mouth it's alerted me to when he has something in his mouth he shouldn't have in there!!

-He is a little jabber box but has yet to say ma-ma (why is that last?!)

-Just last week he popped up on his hands and knees to crawl (instead of his belly crawl) and he is FAST!!

-He claps and waves bye-bye

-he still has that infectious laugh...he laughs at a particular point in one of the baby einstein videos he watches every time...so funny!!

-Oh...and he is finally sleeping through the night (of course he wakes up at 5:45...I could do without that...but we're working on it)



I haven't mentioned this before, because I was told not to worry about it (and was trying to pretend it didn't exist)...but his dr. noticed a small heart murmur at his first appt. and told us not to worry that it was very common and would go away...I was shocked and a little scared, but found comfort in the fact that it was normal and was assured it would go away....well at each subsequent appointment I waited anxiously to hear that the murmur was gone...and it never was...and it's still not.



Dr. Watts still assures me that it's nothing to worry about, but he's sending him for an EKG on Monday. I'm trying not to worry...but truth be told...I'm worried...It's my baby's heart for crying out loud!! No one (in the medical profession) seems to be worried about it, and they keep telling me not to worry...so I'm really trying not to.



Monday should be an experience and I'm praying that it's nothing more than something insignificant like Dr. Watts thinks it is. He just wants to make sure what it is so we know what we're not worrying about. I've promised him and myself that I will stay off the internet and not worry until I have something to worry about, I'm not sure how that will go!! I will worry...but I'm really NOT going to look on the internet about it...been there done that too many times!!!



So this will be a week full of keeping myself busy so my mind can't wander, and praying extra hard!! I'll just keep telling myself that everything is going to be fine!!



Robert...I can't belive how big you're getting!!!

I love you and love the times you still let me cuddle and snuggle you!!

Love, Mom :)

7 comments:

Adam and Sherry said...

YEA!!! He is getting so big and growing so fast :) And I am sorry that we are worriers because I know exactly how you feel. So our prayers this week will definatley be full of your family. Everything will be fine but I am sorry that you have to go through it. LOVE YOU!!!!!

The Walkers said...

Worry comes right along with the title MOM. We all do that when one of our children has something not exactly right. Even when Grand is put in front of mother the worry still happens. He is a healthy happy baby boy and we will all pray a little harder that it is nothing. Truth be told you may have had one too and no one caught it. Thats the difference in modern medicine. It does wonderful things. Love you Robert (and Mom)

Kris said...

What a cute big boy! The worrying and waiting is hard, but I'm sure he'll be fine. Extra prayers will be coming your way.

The Walkers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doug and Michele said...

I am sorry I didn't know till now! Sara always prays for him any way, so maybe she got him covered until I found out! He is so cute and you are right about his laugh being infectious - just like his dad :) I can't wait to see that crawl!

Robyn said...

He is so big and so cute. I'm sorry to hear about your STress! Its awful for Moms to have to wait and see... But I am proud of you for not looking on the internet! I'm sure he will be fine. I think hear murmers are very common actually and from what I've heard easily fixable- so that's probably why the medical community doesn't seem so worried. I'll be praying for him too! Good luck with the EKG.

The Patty Cake House said...

Natalie, Sherry filled me in a little on Robert and first of all there is no such thing as "don't worry it's no big deal" when it comes to your babies. You are a mom and that means you worry. :) So you are not alone in that. Second of all Robert looks like a beautiful, happy, wonderful, thriving baby boy and that is HUGE!!!! We went through a similar thing with Colton so if you have questions give me a call. Things have probably changed soooo much over the past 10 years but I can still let you know about our experience. Prayers are being sent your way from our house. :)