Thursday, April 15, 2010

Budding Artists :)

I've been wanting to hang some artwork on the wall in my bathroom for quite awhile...but I could never decide just want I wanted...so one day I had this idea and thought.."why not"

I bought some 11x14 blank canvases and acrylic paint in the colors I wanted and let Michael and Thomas paint some pictures for me!

The only rules they had were not to mix the colors, and to make something that would look nice and that we all would want to look at

Here are the results...

This one is by Michael. It says "Family Stays Together Forever" I thought I liked it better before he put the word on it, I was wrong!


This is the second picture he painted...it definately makes my "happy" when I see it. Notice his signature in the bottom corner...a true artist!!



This is one of Thomas' paintings..Flowers in a rainstorm. It matches the other flowers we have in the bathroom really well.


This is his other painting. Of course you can tell it's a horse because it says "Nay" just like a horse! And wow...check out that signature at the top...he signed it so carefully and in cursive to boot!! (his signature on the other picture is between the two flowers)


Here's what they look like all together on the wall...
I love them!!!
Such a fun project!!
Not expensive...but PRICELESS!!




7 comments:

Doug and Michele said...

They look AMAZING!!! Such a fun idea. I really think I may have to see what my budding artists can do. You can really see their personality in their work. What a good mom moment!

Anonymous said...

I love the new look of the bathroom, the paintings make the using the toilet moment even more enjoyable!

Robyn said...

That is a fun idea! -And I liked your rules too :) very cute!

The Patty Cake House said...

Oh sooooooooooo cute!!!!!

Lhone said...

what a great idea. that is something you will love FOREVER! so cute. and the jam and water sounds like my house. sorry! Its just so hard to be very mad when they are that cute.

Lisa Carter said...

That is beautiful, and it made me cry a little. You are such a good mom. What a self esteem boost to have their art displayed like that.

Camille said...

That is such a great idea! One day they'll be worth millions, one of a kind!!