HIGHLIGHTS
- Dave catching Adam's hat when it flew off on Splash Mountain (Adam was in the front, Dave was in the back..."my hat!!!! I've got it!!!")
- Watching the magic in my children's eyes during so many moments...
- Having fun with cousins that seem more like brothers and sisters...everyone got along so well!
- Seeing how brave Michael and Thomas were!! Michael's favorite ride was Splash Mountain, and Thomas' was Thunder Mountain Railroad (Thomas also went on Tower of Terror...so brave!!!)
- Eating at the Blue Bayou Restaurant...soooooo yummy (even the kids food was unbelievable) and excellent atmosphere
- Hundreds of people wishing Dad a happy birthday because of the silly hat we bought him. Even Pete (from Pete's Dragon) wished him Happy Birthday during the electrical parade!
- Cool double decker bus and funny driver on the way to SanDiego
- The Shamu show was amazing and the sea lion show so funny (Thomas didn't stop laughing)!!! (just like I remembered it as a kid!)
- Watching the sun set over the ocean on the way home from San Diego...It was gorgeous...Michael said he thought that only happened in the movies!
- Thomas and Robert thinking everything in the Tiki room was real...right down to Thomas asking us all if we had brought our umbrellas :)
- Roz hitting on Dave at the end of the Monster's Inc. ride "Hey...you in the front...I like your glasses...I get off at 5:00"...and her singing Happy Birthday to Madi...
- Wandering around the Farmers market with Sherry while the babies napped and touring a bakery and tortilla factory and getting yummy Mickey bread (thanks Dantzel!)
- Having dinner at Goofy's Kitchen...the older boys made me laugh while they danced and got autographs and enjoyed eating whatever they wanted...and Robert made my heart melt when he reached out for Goofy and Minnie...so cute!!!
LOWLIGHTS
- It was not a lot of fun to have a sick baby :( He had a high fever on and off, had a runny nose and cough (which made him throw up quite a few times...even during the fireworks) but a little (o.k. a lot of) Motrin, and some incredible priesthood blessings for him and me helped us survive it all and still have fun (Sorry for sharing the germs Matthew)
- I felt like we (the Garritson family) were always running late and holding everyone up...not sure what was up with that...in fact one day I got in my head that we needed to leave the hotel at 7:15 so I kept telling myself that we needed to be ready at 7:00 so that we weren't late. Well, at 6:40 I realized that we needed to leave at 15 mintues TO 7:00 not 15 minutes after 7:00...that started the day off great (not)
- Dave and Michael got stuck in a line for a ride and then the crowd closed in and they weren't able to get back to watch the fireworks with us...they did see them...and they did find us right after...but I was sad to not be with them (the fireworks were amazing though even despite this and cleaning up puke during them...Thomas LOVED every minute...even though he was less than impressed with Tinkerbell's flying "she's just on the wires")
- To go along with this....Dave said his lowlight was realizing halfway through the hour line for space mountain that he should have listened to his wife and got a fast pass earlier in the day :) (this is the ride that made them late for the fireworks...Michael loved the ride and saw the fireworks though...so all was well)
- We didn't have enough time to try all the wonderful food that everyone recommended to us...we gave it a valient try though!
- None of my kids would let me take them to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique for a princess makeover...what makes me think that if I have a granddaugher she will be a tomboy!!
- We had to go home :(
This trip was magical from beginning to end...despite anything bad (which was totally outnumbered by good), we would do it again in a minute, and the boys have already started saving their money again...is next week too soon to go again!!



5 comments:
Grandma and Grandpa are ready. Lets book the flights!!!!!
No next week is NOT too soon!!!!!!!!! And to goods way outnumbered the bads in my book!!! And the Birt's must not have been too far ahead of you because I don't remember "waiting" at all. All I remember is that it was one of the most amazing trips EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Lets fill our jars again and go soon!!! (I think I am rested enough now)
You can only go again if you take me :)
Wow, it sounds like you had tons of fun. I am jealous. I will totally have to pick your brain when we are ready to go next year!
looks like you guys had a BLAST my favorite is that thomas rode Tower of Terror GO THOMAS!!!!
Post a Comment