Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Calendar Challenge


When I changed my calendar over to August on Friday this is the picture that greeted me. (in case you can't read it...it says "Do one thing every day to make you happy"

So I've been looking at this for 5 days and decided it was time to really do this. I really need this right now. I'm sure I'm not alone, so all you readers do it with me.

I'm going to really challenge myself to do something specific to make me happy each day and see what a difference it will make. They may be serious, they may be silly...but I'll share what they are. Please feel free to share what you do (maybe it will give me an idea!!) don't forget to come back each day to see what I did (and to tell me what you did)

TUESDAY: I put a playlist on my blog and found some fun songs that made me smile (check out the Mormon Rap and I'm a Mormon...good memories!!)

WEDNESDAY: While Dave put the kids to bed I gave my self a pedicure complete with bowl of hot soapy water and pink polish at the end (this is the first time I've painted my toes this summer...sad huh)

THURSDAY: I'm going to an Enrichment meeting to learn more about canning and to enjoy a salad tasting table (and hopefully the boys will be asleep when I get home)....oh...I'm also getting a haircut woo hoo!!!

FRIDAY: We had an olympics party with the boys...it was a lot of fun and I'll do a blog about it later.


SATURDAY: Well...it was our Anniversary today...didn't do too much exciting but we did have fish sticks for dinner (inside joke...anyone heard that commedian) and Ice Cream for dessert

SUNDAY: Ate a scone shaped like a moose (thanks Buddy)


MONDAY: We're heading to Bear Lake!! I'll be sure to take lots of pics :)

O.K. who's with me?

***This has been fun guys...Thanks :)

11 comments:

Tyson and Denise said...

I will do it with you...my thing for today will be to sit on my back patio and enjoy the freshly mowed lawn and weed free gardens...that always makes me happy!!

Doug and Michele said...

I am with you! Today I blogged by cute girls and smiled as I listend to "Miracle" and realized that they are. (Sorry so sappy, but it made me happy)

Dave and Natalie said...

o.k michele...I just went and listened to that song on your blog and now I'm crying...thanks for the sappy moment

Tyson and Denise said...

Wednesday...I spent the morning reading a good book (a little selfish perhaps, but it did make me smile)

Doug and Michele said...

I got Sara's hair into french braids today. Her very first. I like taking time to do the girls hair and it makes me laugh becuase I say the same things to them Mom used to say to us. Hold still. If you cry I won't be careful. It doesn't hurt that bad! Oh the memories.

Tyson and Denise said...

Thursday: I went to the $2 theater with a girlfriend and laughed my head off at a really stupid movie

Doug and Michele said...

Thursday: Doug got a new antena so we can watch without sitting in a specific spot in the room and never moving. Plus we will get the olympics!!!!
Friday: I get to relive my childhood and dress 80's today for an 08-08-08 party and crimper and side ponytail need I say more?

Tyson and Denise said...

Nan, I want to see a picture of your red white and blue hanging baskets, how did they turn out?? (I thought of it when I saw the pic of Thomas and the dusting machine...so cute...with the flowers in the background.

Tyson and Denise said...

Friday: I spent all day cleaning like a dog, I only got to the upstairs and the rest of the day I smiled at all the clean places that are usually dirty, I had to run an errand in the afternoon and when I came home Tyson had cleaned the basement for me...that made me smile more than anything I had done!!!

Doug and Michele said...

Saturday: I got to see Chad and Carols son be baptized, and we didn't have to spend 600 and travel to Reno to do it! Plus my salad waranted a recipe request - I love that. Thanks for finding the rest of the recipe Nan.

Tyson and Denise said...

Saturday-we went to Chubbuck days with the kids, a parade, and a train ride and all you can eat watermelon and the fire trucks came and "rained" on everyone..what fun

Sunday-I got to have a 1 1/2 hour nap, undisturbed...yippee