The day started off by getting another level 2 ultrasound at the hospital. I had to go back so they could get better pictures of the things that weren't developed enough 3 weeks ago. The dr's exacts words were "everything looks perfect" It doensn't get better than that. We got to watch the baby wiggle all over, saw his perfect heart, brain, spine, kidneys...at one point he kept opening and closing his mouth...it was so cool. I asked the Dr. how big he is. he said about 6 inches and 3/4 pound. Isn't it amazing that something so small can be so complete and perfect!!
Here's my perfect little boy...sorry about the quality...it's a picture of a picture, but it gives you an idea. I think he has a nose just like Thomas!!
The day ended as fun as it started. The boys were playing outside, and long story short. Thomas and Michael TOOK OFF Thomas' training wheels (yes, they did it themselves) and Michael started teaching Thomas how to ride without training wheels.
At first Michael would hold onto the handlebars, let go and amazingly Thomas would go 3 or 4 feet by himself then bail out on the grass. (sorry the pics are so bad, my batteries were almost dead, but I couldn't miss the moment!!)
But after about 20 minutes, Michael just steadied him at the first and Thomas would ride all over the grass. (grass is softer to fall on you know)
They were both so proud of themselves. Michael said "That's what I've always wanted to teach him". Thomas crashed plenty of times, but never cried...just jumped up and rode again!!
Thomas felt so grown up. And he is darn it *sniff, sniff* where did my baby go?!?!



5 comments:
I'm so glad your baby is growing so well!
How sweet that Michael taught hi little brother how to ride without training wheels! I hope they get along that well all time!
if only that was the case...fortunately/unfortunately, they are best friends and best enemies!! I'm not sure what adding one more to the mix is going to do?!?!
Ok - Really - they are so cute. They really are growing up. I'm excited about the healthy baby boy. Congratulations!!
They are so stinking cute!!! I want to see the video of the baby opening his mouth that is so cool. Maybe Michael can come teach Madi how to ride her bike without the training wheels she has absolutley no interest in learning from us :)
That totally brought tears to my eyes. I have never heard of a cuter big brother story. You are so lucky to have such great boys!
GREAT JOB MICHAEL!!!
Now come and teach my kids!
Post a Comment