Monday, October 20, 2008

Lesson Learned?

I was cleaning out pockets today getting ready to do laundry (on good days I do remember to do this...I've had a few laundry disasters because I didn't!)



Anyway...when I was cleaning out the pocket of Thomas' church shirt...I found these little magnets. Now having used them before, I knew they were from the church library. Great. My son steals from church!!



When he got home from preschool I confronted him about it. Here's how the conversation went...



Me: "Thomas, I found these in your pocket. Where did they come from?"



Thomas: "I got them at church."



M: "Thomas! who do these belong to?!"



T: "Heavenly Father."



M: "Why did you take them?"



T: "I liked them and I asked Heavenly Father, but he didn't say anything."

(how do you argue with that?!?!)



M: "Well, Heavenly Father wants them left at church so that everyone can use them. Do you think we should take them back?"



T: "Yes, but only if there is no one else there."



So...I guess I have to teach a lesson on Stealing for Family Home Evening, or should it be on Prayer, or on Repentance?!



I love my son and am greatful that he makes me laugh (even though stealing magnets from church isn't funny...but at least he asked...right?!?!)

6 comments:

Camille said...

That IS funny! How cute.

Landon and Timorie said...

How cute!!! He is such a funny kid and he knew all the right answers. I love cute stories like this.

Doug and Michele said...

Trust Thomas to teach you during your teaching moment. What a kid! Let me know how returning them works out!

The Patty Cake House said...

That is so funny! I love it!!!

Tyson and Denise said...

What a goof!! At least he is an honest theif!! I hadn't heard the conversation about it, so funny. Good luck sneaking back to the library to return the magnents!!!

Jackie Pettit said...

adorable story!!!